- Werbung nur für Gäste -

IGNORIERT

Only English ^^

Gast

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Celinilein:

because it requires so much brain-(work? ^^)

It really is only a matter of repetition in my opinion. If you listen long enough to a language, it just becomes second nature and your brain will process the input on its own :D
I regularly listen to podcasts on YouTube while playing games or doing cleaning, laundry or cooking and even though I don't pay much attention, I usually know what was talked about when I'm done ^^

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Light-kun:

It really is only a matter of repetition in my opinion. If you listen long enough to a language, it just becomes second nature and your brain will process the input on its own :D
I regularly listen to podcasts on YouTube while playing games or doing cleaning, laundry or cooking and even though I don't pay much attention, I usually know what was talked about when I'm done ^^

Yes you're right...  :yensod:
Normal clear American English istn't a big problem. But when it comes to different dialects like Texan and if people don't speak clearly I sometimes have problems to understand.

Depends, really.

Games:

Games that are even here in english(Like 99,99% of metal gear games for example) i logically hear in english with german subtitles

Other games that have german audio I do play in german, but sometimes look up the cutcenses in english just to hear it in english.

Movies:

Usually in german

Shows:

Usually in german(Only exception is My Little Pony Friendship is Magic)

Yeah, i usually stay german with some curiosity or exception here and there.

Depends, really.

Games:

Games that are even here in english(Like 99,99% of metal gear games for example) i logically hear in english with german subtitles

Other games that have german audio I do play in german, but sometimes look up the cutcenses in english just to hear it in english.

Movies:

Usually in german

Shows:

Usually in german(Only exception is My Little Pony Friendship is Magic)

Yeah, i usually stay german with some curiosity or exception here and there.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Celinilein:

Yes you're right...  :yensod:
Normal clear American English istn't a big problem. But when it comes to different dialects like Texan and if people don't speak clearly I sometimes have problems to understand.

That's the reason why I can't watch US TV series without subtitles. Not because I don't know the words but because I don't understand some words acoustically :/

vor 16 Stunden schrieb MadaraSasuke:

Rarely yes. For example when they use accents I can´t understand.

In German or in English?

I always use the English subtitles so I get used to it better. What I also enjoy much more in English than in German is  the comedy. I think I've subscribed to mostly English speaking Youtubers and find things a lot funnier than in German.

Am October 19, 2016 um 11:26 schrieb Celinilein:

Don't die, Only-English-Thread!!! :/

He's dead, Jim Celi :P

Favorite and/or interesting languages? Hm, let me think... Without ranking

English

Japanese

German

Chinese

Hindu

French

Russian

and i think some others, too.

Oh, and non real languages:

Klingon from Star Trek, i really enjoy Shakespeare in Original klingon :lol: 

The Votan-Languages from Defiance

Valyrian and Dothraki from Game of Thrones

Ancient/Lantern/Ori and Goa'Uld from Stargate

The Taelon-Language from Earth: Final Conflict

I watch Movies and Series in German and English and in other Languages, too (then with Subtitles of course), with Games is it the same, oh and I read much in english, the last things i read where the two Graphic Novel limited Series "Dexter" and "Dexter: Down Under" written by Jeff Lindsay, the original writer of the Dexter Novels

Watch any american Sportshow (NHL for example), there they speak sometimes with accent and fast, it's sometimes really hard to follow... But I really miss ESPN America :( Go Ducks!!! (NHL) Go Patriots!!! (NFL) 

I always use subtitels, no matter if it is german or english. If there are no subtitels, I do not like the game. The volume is very silent, because music and sound are often very loud, much more than spoken language and there are many games which do not have the option of different volumelevels.

The most games I play in english but if I started the series in german I stay with german. It is the same with movies and shows. If I watched at first the german version I prefer the german version, the same with english. There are very few exceptions. For example the TV-Series "Burn Notice" where I prefer the english version, although I have started with the german one, the same with the "Tomb Raider" - Games. (They had in the past even good german speakers, but that changed in 2013. They decided for a horrible speaker with an annoying voice.)

Sometimes I have to change. I like documentaries like "Mayday" or "Seconds from disaster". They will be on youtube also in german in some time, but I do not want to wait. Then I watch it in english. A fun fast it is now, that I know a lot about planes and how they work, but I can not explain it in german.

Which lead now to my biggest problem with languages: I can understand, speak and use the language, in a higher or lower level, but I can NOT translate it.

When I am using a language I am thinking in this language. (It was often very funny, when a was younger and we had visitors from a diffenrent country. I liked the kids, who did not speak german and so it was a fast decision to use english. After a few minutes I spoke english with every person, even with my parents and I did not reliazed it.)

So I saw a post in the "PS+-games"-thread stating/complaining that recently there are more "english-only" games every month.

What do you guys/gals think? Should Sony take into consideration that there are people who can't understand the games, or can we assume that the english language is such a big part of our culture, that everyone should at least know enough to enjoy the titles?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Light-kun:

So I saw a post in the "PS+-games"-thread stating/complaining that recently there are more "english-only" games every month.

What do you guys/gals think? Should Sony take into consideration that there are people who can't understand the games, or can we assume that the english language is such a big part of our culture, that everyone should at least know enough to enjoy the titles?

Since there are subtitels most of the time I tend to the second. English is getting more and more important and I think this is a very good progress. 

Especially the younger generation should be able to understand the game's story nevertheless. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb LC-Gamerin:

You have to be 18 to use PS+. I know that a lot of the members are younger, but that is another topic. Every normal person is learning english at school and you learn enough before you become 18 to understand the games.

Indeed. I'm 17, and mostly play games in English. With subtitles, I have no problem to understand what they're saying. Also, I played the Walking Dead when I was 13. Back then the game was still English-Only. 

Imho, English only games should be no real problem for people nowadays. I mean everybody learns English in school and most of the games do not feature very long conversations so it should not be too difficult to understand what's going on.

I have no real preference for English or German in games. It depends on the voice actors and the type of game. I switched from German to English in the Witcher after a few hours, since the English actors just sounded better to me. Uncharted has very good voice actors for English and German, so I used German for the first and English for the second playthrough.

But I usually use subtitles just because I usually play with a very low sound volume (our little daughter sleeps in the room next to the living room, where the PS is located) and without subs I'd miss large parts of the conversations.

Glupi

Am 4.11.2016 um 10:47 schrieb Light-kun:

it depends on many things, i guess. most of, if not all the big releases of big publishers get german localisation. it´s not a problem for them to get german voice actors, because they have a lot of money on their hand. 

so it would be stupid for them, to pass on a localisation, because they would miss out on a lot of solvent customers.

a lot of smaller developers on the other hand, simply dont have the enough financial capacity to voice all their contet. so instead of not publishing it at all, they publish it with subtitles or in "english-only". and thats totaly fine, in my opinion.

so at least the audience, that is familiar with the language will be able to play it.

Bearbeitet von Gast

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Ullah:

Is it just me or are song lyrics generally better in English. 

Either this or I don't know enough German songs.

I don't think so. There are many many German artists with pretty good and deep lyrics too. But English just has this cool sound. So cool that we often don't even notice the lyrics I guess.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb tightisto:

There is only one reason! German sucks

vor 1 Minute schrieb Celinilein:

I don't think so. There are many many German artists with pretty good and deep lyrics too. But English just has this cool sound. So cool that we often don't even notice the lyrics I guess.

Maybe its really just the sound because I can't think of any sad songs in German.^^

Erstelle eine Antwort

Du kannst jetzt einen Beitrag verfassen und dich im Anschluss registrieren. Wenn du bereits einen Account hast, dann melde dich bitte an.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Deine Inhalte, die du zuvor verfasst hast, wurden wiederhergestellt..   Inhalte wieder entfernen

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Neu erstellen...