- Werbung nur für Gäste -

IGNORIERT

Only English ^^

Gast

vor 4 Stunden schrieb MadaraSasuke:

Do you know Watchmojo.com? They made Top 10 list and one of them was sexiest accents of the world. German was also in it. :D

No never heard of that^^

Are they talking about the German language or the German accent? Because the German accent in other languages like English sounds so bad and has no sexiness at all for me :lol:

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Celinilein:

No never heard of that^^

Are they talking about the German language or the German accent? Because the German accent in other languages like English sounds so bad and has no sexiness at all for me :lol:

They are talking about the German accent in English movies. ^^

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Celinilein:

Hmmm you're right O.o

His accent is part of the movies he plays in and I wouldn't call that accent sexy too...so :P

Me neither but its not that weird Deutsche Bahn accent

"Senk ju vor träwelling with Deutsche Bahn"

I don't get why people just write things like "wow nobody is in this thread anymore" or "don't die thread" instead of trying to start a new conversation :biggrin5:

Since everyone in this thread is at least interessted in English, do you watch your movies or play your games with English Audio?

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Ullah:

I don't get why people just write things like "wow nobody is in this thread anymore" or "don't die thread" instead of trying to start a new conversation :biggrin5:

Since everyone in this thread is at least interessted in English, do you watch your movies or play your games with English Audio?

Obviously you were never bored :P

Sometimes you wanna chat with someone but there is just no specific topic :S 

I sometimes do and sometimes don't. It depends on the quality of the German synchronisation and on the complexity of the game's oder movie's topic in my case.

What about you, Ullah?  :)

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Ullah:

I guess people just don't have anything particular interesting on their minds and just want to do a little small-talk?
As for your question: Nowadays, I have all my devices set to English as the default language.
It just feels natural to me that way and the translation in some games is so horrible, that I just can't stand hearing the english audio and seeing badly translated german subs for it.

Movies are basically the only thing I watch in german dub, but only because the pictures nearby usually only show them translated.

It really depends in my case... When it's only German subs and original dub I'm fine with it. I can read and hear the information at the same time and I decide for myself what sounds better in a particular situation. 

Dubs are a different case, I can't even describe it. Like... I look at the games setting and choose the language I feel fits the most. I have to play every Final Fantasy or Devil May Cry in English for example, simply because I played the previous games with English dub.

But in some games I even prefer the German dub. For example in every Bioware game, The Witcher or Uncharted the German dub is better imho.

It really depends on my mood and the game, I guess. I couldn't imagine playing Danganronpa in English :P

Bearbeitet von Marloges

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MadaraSasuke:

Sometimes I do this Ullah. Most of the time when I play videogames with not a good story.

Oh okay and do you turn the subtitles on?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Celinilein:

Obviously you were never bored :P

Sometimes you wanna chat with someone but there is just no specific topic :S 

I sometimes do and sometimes don't. It depends on the quality of the German synchronisation and on the complexity of the game's oder movie's topic in my case.

What about you, Ullah?  :)

Yeah good point when the German synchronisation is awful I switch to the English audio. It also depends on how the voice actor sounds like. When I listen to it in English I also always turn the subtitles on.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Light-kun:

I guess people just don't have anything particular interesting on their minds and just want to do a little small-talk?
As for your question: Nowadays, I have all my devices set to English as the default language.
It just feels natural to me that way and the translation in some games is so horrible, that I just can't stand hearing the english audio and seeing badly translated german subs for it.

Movies are basically the only thing I watch in german dub, but only because the pictures nearby usually only show them translated.

Unfortunately you won't be able to have a good small talk without any specific topic that is why I asked the question.^^

You are right sometimes even the subtitles are really bad. I guess consuming media in English makes it alot easier to be good in a certain language.

What I often do too is to play a game with German language in the first run and to switch to English in the second run. This brings more new content to an otherwise more boring repetition and is pretty interesting :)

I really hate subs in general - regardless of whether German or English. I just don't like having to read and watch at the same time. It's so annoying for me :P

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Ullah:

Yeah good point when the German synchronisation is awful I switch to the English audio. It also depends on how the voice actor sounds like. When I listen to it in English I also always turn the subtitles on.

Unfortunately you won't be able to have a good small talk without any specific topic that is why I asked the question.^^

You are right sometimes even the subtitles are really bad. I guess consuming media in English makes it alot easier to be good in a certain language.

Yeah you are totally right and some voice actors do a really really good job in German too :yenod:

Thank you for beginning a topic and conversation :emot-haw: 

Definetely it does! Unfortunately most of the time I am too lazy to watch movies in English because it requires so much brain-(work? ^^) and I get tired of that pretty often :redface:

Erstelle eine Antwort

Du kannst jetzt einen Beitrag verfassen und dich im Anschluss registrieren. Wenn du bereits einen Account hast, dann melde dich bitte an.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Deine Inhalte, die du zuvor verfasst hast, wurden wiederhergestellt..   Inhalte wieder entfernen

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Neu erstellen...